The Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribal Natural Resources Department is comprised of three Divisions.  The Division of Environmental Protection, the Division of Fish, Wildlife, Recreation, and Conservation, and the Division of Water.

The Tribal Wildlife Management Program responds to human/wildlife conflicts on the Flathead Indian Reservation.  In an effort to mitigate the impacts of these conflicts, the Tribal Council has approved a call list of individual Tribal member hunters interested in harvesting deer or elk involved in conflicts on private lands.   

The Tribal Wildlife Management Program and the Tribal Conservation Officer Program seek Tribal member hunters who are interested in participating in depredation hunts, as well as solicit interest from private landowners who wish to allow hunter access to their lands for removal of wildlife.   

This project intends to manage deer and elk populations and crop depredation on private lands.  “Hunters will be called to remove some animals through harvest, when the Tribal Wildlife Management Program is contacted by private landowners who experience depredation of crops by deer or elk”, said Stephanie Gillin, Tribal Wildlife Biologist.  

A list of interested hunters will be developed on a first-come, first-serve basis.  Interested hunters will then be put in direct contact with landowners so hunters can make arrangements to access private lands for wildlife harvest.  

All applicable Tribal hunting regulations apply.  Interested hunters need to provide their name, address, Tribal Identification Number and telephone number to participate in the wildlife damage hunts. 

Landowners and hunters who wish to participate in this project, or resubmitted to the 2016 tribal hunter list, and/or update contact information are asked to contact Stephanie Gillin at the Tribal Wildlife Management program at 883-2888, extension 7241 or email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Registration Form:

Game Damage Registration Form
Popular 77.74 KB 435
10/04/2016 10:25:46

Reservation Permit Vendors

Columbia Falls, MT 
- Super One Foods

Hamilton, MT
- Bob Ward & Sons

Hot Springs, MT
- Cornerstone Convenience Store

Kalispell, MT
- Cabela's
- MT Fish, Wildlife, & Parks-Region 1
- Snappy Sport Senter
- Sportsman & Ski Haus

Lakeside, MT
- Sliter's Ace Hardware

Missoula, MT
- Bob Ward and Sons
- Cabela’s
- MT Fish, Wildlife, & Parks-Region 2
- Wholesale Sports

Olney, MT
- Thad's Tackle Shop

Pablo, MT
- Zimmer Tackle

Plains, MT
- Plains Service Center

Polson, MT
- CSKT, DFWRC, 406 6th Avenue East
- Wal-Mart

Ronan, MT
- Westland Seed

St. Ignatius, MT
- Mountain View Cenex

Superior, MT
- Westgate True Value

Whitefish, MT
- Sportsman & Ski Haus

Woods Bay, MT
- Papa's Woods Bay Market

Reservation Permits are also available on the internet at http://app.mt.gov/Als/Index 

NOTE: A Reservation Permit must be purchased in person initially from a retail outlet/Reservation Permit vendor to register. After that first registration you can purchase online. 

Go to top